September 4, 2016

Ring Cone Craze: DIY


I've been seeing these cute little ring cones everywhere lately, so I wanted to make one for myself. I used modelling clay that bakes to a solid in the oven, then I painted mine gold.

Materials:
Modelling Clay // Aluminum Foil // Gold Paint // Paint Brush


1. Squish up the clay with your hands and mold into a cone shape. With mine, I used about 3/4 of the clay package.

2. Place your little clay cone on a small piece of folded aluminum foil and bake in the oven at the temperature stated in the cooking instructions on the back of the clay package. This specific clay bakes for 30 minutes at 230°F (110°C). 


3. Take it out of the oven, let it cool, and paint whatever color you want - I love the way the gold turned out on mine! 

Photos: 1 // 2 - 5 (my photos)
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. so easy. i would love to try this. perfect snowed in activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you try it, let me know what you think! :)

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig